Variables from questions
By creating questions, answer variables are created by default, using the title of the question automatically. It's a good idea to rename the auto-generated answer values to something that's a better reference. For example, a question with a title "What is your name?" will auto-generate an answer variable name of
what_is_your_name, which is overly verbose. Something like
user_first_nameis much clearer.
In the Schema > Variables from questions list you will see the answers that result directly from questions presented to the user. When an answer is selected, you will see a link to the relevant question in the content editor.
Sometimes, you will want to collect the same answer by asking two different questions, like when you want to ask for a user's email in two different paths in a flow.
To do so:
- 1.Create the first question
- 2.Set its Answer variable name to your desired value
- 3.Create the second question
- 4.Set its Answer variable name to the same one as for the first question
- 5.You will be prompted with a message: This variable name is already in use. Choose Re-attach to existing variable to re-use the existing question's variable.
Note that you will only be able to re-use answer variables with compatible answer types, such as using a